Stress 22 w/ Bio-Mos®
A Free Choice Supplement for Cattle on Pasture
Stress 22 supplement is specially formulated to enrich the diet of cattle prior to breeding or when cattle are subjected to stress due to weather, shipping, illness, or periods of high production. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. Stress 22 is a nutrient dense block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.5 to 1 lb per head daily can significantly minimize your feeding costs on a cost per head per day basis.
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® Stress 22 is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
Based on 3/4 lb intake, Stress 22 contains up to 125% of the NRC requirements for trace minerals. 30% of the guaranteed manganese, copper and zinc are provided in metal amino acid complex form that gives your cattle a special edge during times of high production or stress.
Bio-Mos from Alltech® is derived from a specific strain of yeast and improves animal performance. Gastrointestinal (GI) health and integrity is essential for animal performance and Bio-Mos ‘feeds the GI tract’ and thus plays a critical role in animal nutrition and production.
A 3/4 lb intake will provide 10 grams of Bio-Mos.
Alltech® Bio-Mos® Features:
- Supports gut health, integrity and stability
- Market presence of over 15 years
- Natural, differentiated meat marketability
- Bio-Mos is supported by over 500 research trials
- ARC Certified = Quality Control
- Efficient nutrient transfer from cow to calf
- Supports cow health and livability
Alltech® Bio-Mos® Benefits:
- Cow-calf health and livability
- Optimal growth and development
- Reduced use of therapeutic treatments
- Cow-calf management
- Nutrient transfer from cow to calf
Bio-Mos is a registered trademark of Alltech® Corporation
Metal amino acid complexed minerals are absorbed more readily than inorganic trace minerals. Complexes are formed when trace minerals such as zinc, manganese and copper become bonded to a single amino acid. These amino acids serve to transport the minerals across the intestinal wall resulting in optimum absorption. Trace mineral uptake is vital to improve and maintain adequate trace mineral status.
Trace mineral status affect herd reproduction performance and health. Cows consuming balanced, highly bioavailable trace minerals are more likely to produce healthy calves that perform well at weaning. Animals most likely to benefit from complexed trace minerals include cattle experiencing weaning, shipping, adverse weather conditions, or dairy cattle in high production. Stress 22 with complexed trace minerals is the perfect choice for these cattle.
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle or cattle in drylot at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place in pasture near areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle typically consume 0.75 pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.75 pound per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free choice salt at all times.
If cattle experience excessive stress due to adverse weather conditions, shipping, weaning, or periods of high production, switching to SmartLic® StressLic® Supplement is recommended.
|Crude Protein, minimum||22.0%*||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||2.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
*This includes not more than 10% equivalent crude protein as non-protein nitrogen.