These Nutritionally Engineered® supplements are completely mineral-fortified with added magnesium and are designed to complement different stages or levels of forage quality. These unique supplements are second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. These blocks are the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. NE-Mag 22 is exceptionally dense all-weather blocks that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.5 to 1 lb per head daily can significantly minimize your feeding costs on a cost per head per day basis.
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a quality, low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® NE-Mag 22 is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
NE-Mag 22 offers the benefit of extra magnesium in highly palatable supplement that cattle will readily consume. These supplements contain a minimum of 2% magnesium. Magnesium is needed for activation of enzymes, nerve transmission, skeletal tissue, bone formation and milk production.
NE-Mag 22 may be fed in two stages, according to the level of protein needed to enhance the diet.
- Step 1: NE-Mag 12 is a high energy supplement that should be fed during the early growth period of high quality pasture forages such as alfalfa, legumes, orchard, or brome grass to cows, calves, bulls and stocker cattle.
- Step 2: NE-Mag 22 contains additional protein for lower protein pastures or when additional protein is required.
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place in pasture near areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle typically consume 0.75 pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.75 pound per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
If cattle experience excessive stress such as adverse weather conditions, shipping, weaning, or periods of high production, switching to SmartLic® StressLic® Supplement is recommended.
|Crude Protein, minimum||22.0%*||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||2.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Magnesium, miniumum||2.0%||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm|
* Crude protein varies according to the NE brand supplement being used. NE-Mag 22 contains 22% crude protein (not more than 10% as non-protein nitrogen).