NE-20 is a Nutritionally Engineered® product containing protein and is completely mineral fortified. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other types of low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. NE-20 is an exceptionally dense all-weather block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.5 to 1 lb per head daily can significantly minimize your feeding costs on a cost per head per day basis.
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® NE-20 is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas frequented by cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
Does Not Contain Non-Protein Nitrogen
When all-natural protein is desired for your cattle, then NE-20 is the smart choice. This product contains only natural protein sources. NE-20 is recommended when ammonia-treated forages and rations are already part of the diet. NE-20 is ideal for young or growing calves (400 lbs. of body weight or less).
The Importance of Trace Minerals in NE-20
Based on 3/4 lb intake, NE-20 is highly fortified with vitamins and trace minerals. NE-20 contains up to 125% of the new NRC nutrient requirements for trace minerals.
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place blocks in pastures near areas frequented by cattle, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle typically consume 0.75 pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of cattle and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.75 pound per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture. Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
If cattle experience excessive stress due to adverse weather conditions, shipping, weaning, or periods of high production, switching to SmartLic® StressLic® Supplement is recommended.
|Crude Protein, minimum||20.0%||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||2.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|