A Free Choice Supplement for Cattle on Pasture
NE-12 is a Nutritionally Engineered®, natural protein, mineral-fortified supplement designed to complement spring pastures or higher quality forages. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. NE-12 is an exceptionally dense all-weather block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.5 to 1 lb per head daily can significantly minimize your feeding costs on a cost per head per day basis.
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a quality, low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® NE-12 is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
Vitamins & Minerals in NE Supplements
Based on 3/4 lb intake, NE-12 supplement is heavily fortified with vitamins A, D and E, and contain up to 125% of the new NRC nutrient requirements for trace minerals.
- Step 1: NE-12 is a high energy supplement that should be fed during the early growth period of high quality pasture forages such as alfalfa, legumes, orchard, or brome grass to cows, calves, bulls, and stocker cattle.
- Step 2: NE-22 contains additional protein appropriate for mid-to late-summer pastures or when grasses begin to set a seed head.
- Step 3: NE-30 is a high protein supplement intended for late-season pastures, dry pastures and winter forages such as corn stalks, or whenever a higher protein supplement is desired. NE-30 is also formulated for dairy replacement heifers.
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place in pasture near areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle normally consume approximately 0.75 pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.75 pound per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
If cattle experience excessive stress due to adverse weather conditions, shipping, weaning, or periods of high production, switching to SmartLic® StressLic® Supplement is recommended.
|Crude Protein, minimum||12.0%||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||2.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|