MagLic® is a Nutritionally Engineered® supplement that is completely mineral-fortified and provides 4% magnesium. MagLic® is a unique cattle supplement and second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. MagLic® is an exceptionally dense all-weather block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.5 to 1 lb per head daily can significantly minimize your feeding costs on a cost per head per day basis.
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a quality, low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® MagLic® is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
MagLic® offers the benefit of extra magnesium in highly palatable supplement that cattle will readily consume. MagLic® supplement contains a minimum of 4% magnesium.
Magnesium is needed for activation of enzymes, nerve transmission, skeletal tissue, bone formation and milk production. A deficiency of magnesium may result in the following symptoms:
- Increased excitability
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place in pasture near areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle typically consume 0.75 pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.75 pound per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
For other SmartLic® feeding options for cattle on pasture, or when feeding stored forages, feed NE-12, NE-22, NE-30, Hi-Pro 40 or Pasture 40 depending on forage quality and required protein supplementation.
|Crude Protein, minimum||12.0%||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||2.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Magnesium, minimum||4.0%||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm|