A Free Choice Supplement for Cattle on Pasture
Hi-Pro 40 supplement is designed for dry, low protein pastures or with poor quality stored forages. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. Hi-Pro 40 is ideally fed with stored forages or late-season pastures such as prairie, fescue or coastal grasses. Hi-Pro 40 is also ideal for dry pastures, cornstalk grazing, or whenever higher protein supplementation is desired. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. Hi-Pro 40 is an exceptionally dense all-weather block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 0.5 to 1 lb per head daily can significantly minimize your feeding costs on a cost per head per day basis.
- Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a quality, low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® Hi-Pro 40 is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
Provide free choice as a supplement to pasture cattle at the rate of one block for each 15 to 25 head. Place in pasture or grazing areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle normally consume approximately 0.75 pound per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than 0.75 pound per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture. Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
If cattle experience excessive stress due to adverse weather conditions, shipping, weaning, or periods of high production, switching to SmartLic® StressLic® Supplement is recommended.
|Crude Protein, minimum||40.0%*||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||5.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||1.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||1.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||1.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
*This includes not more than 21% equivalent crude protein as non-protein nitrogen.