A Free Choice Supplement for Sheep on Pasture
FlaxLic® Sheep supplement is carefully formulated to meet the nutrient requirements of sheep of all ages. FlaxLic® Sheep is an all-natural supplement that contains a high level of Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a key omega-3 fatty acid that functions as a basic building block for reproductive hormones and anti-inflammatory compounds generated by the body. FlaxLic® Sheep contains 15% fat, which is derived predominantly from flaxseed and edible linseed (flaxseed) oil. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. FlaxLic® Sheep is an exceptionally dense block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified, eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a quality, low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® FlaxLic® Sheep is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the livestock.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
FlaxLic now has a U.S. Product and Process Patent for elevating Lipid Blood Levels in Livestock.
Provide free choice as a supplement to sheep at a rate of one block for each 25 to 35 head. Place in pasture near areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Sheep normally consume approximately 1 to 4 ounces per head per day. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption less than expected, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
FlaxLic® Sheep should be used as the sole source of supplemental trace minerals.
|Crude Protein, minimum||12.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||15.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|ADF, maximum||2.5%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||1.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/ lb|
|Calcium, maximum||1.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Phosphorus, minimum||1.0%||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Omega-3 Fatty Acids, minimum||7.0%|
|Cobalt, minimum||3 ppm|