FlaxLic® IGR is an all-natural supplement that contains a high level of Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), an omega-3 fatty acid, essential minerals and sufficient (S)-Methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle without the added cost of supplemental protein. FlaxLic® IGR contains 15% fat, which is derived predominantly from flaxseed and edible linseed (flaxseed) oil. This unique supplement is the first low-moisture block to contain a high level of ALA. FlaxLic® IGR is an exceptionally dense all-weather block that will give you the most for your money.
- FlaxLic® IGR supplement is fortified with Altosid® which offers the most effective and convenient way to control horn flies in beef and dairy cattle.
- Economical: A low feeding rate means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented, “continuous flow” system creates a quality, low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® FlaxLic® IGR is convenient and easy to feed. Simply place an adequate number of blocks in areas that are accessible to the cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
When used as directed FlaxLic® IGR will provide sufficient (S)-methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle. Cattle should consume an average of 0.8 ounces of FlaxLic® IGR per 100 lbs. of animal body weight per day, which is equivalent to 8 ounces per day for a 1,000 pound animal.
- Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients prior to feeding FlaxLic® IGR.
- Offer cattle 1 block FlaxLic® IGR for every 15-25 head of cattle.
- Remove all other self-limiting nutritional supplements.
- Locate FlaxLic® IGR where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
- Replenish FlaxLic® IGR on a regular basis as needed.
- If intake of FlaxLic® IGR is below 0.8 ounces per 100 pounds animal body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas more frequented by cattle.
- If intake of FlaxLic® IGR is above 0.8 ounces per 100 pounds animal body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas less frequented by cattle.
- Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of adult fly population is desired.
|(S)-Methoprene (CAS #65733-16-6)||0.005%|
|Crude Protein, minimum||12.0%||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||15.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|ADF, maximum||2.5%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||1.0%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||1.5%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Phosphorus, minimum||1.0%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
|Cobalt, minimum||3.0 ppm||Omega-3 Fatty Acids, minimum||7.0%|
ALTOSID® Insect Growth Regulator is a registered trademark of Wellmark International. Made in U.S.A.