Dairy DryLic® SPL is Nutritionally Engineered® for non-lactating dairy cattle. It is essential for maintenance during pregnancy and preparation for calving. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low-moisture blocks. This block is the product of a state-of-the-art patented process that provides a unique 24-hour feeding system. Dairy DryLic® SPL is an exceptionally dense block that will give you the most for your money.
- Economical: A low feeding rate of 10 ounces/head daily means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is Vitamin and Mineral fortified eliminating the need to feed additional free-choice minerals, resulting in a significant supplemental feed cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: The patented “continuous flow” system creates a low-moisture, exceptionally dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: SmartLic® Dairy DryLic® SPL is easy to feed. Simply place the block in areas of easy access to cattle.
- Returnable Steel Barrels are economical and environmentally friendly and eliminate the expense of additional feeding equipment. Ask us about other available packaging options and packaging size options.
What Are Amino Acid Complexes?
Metal amino acid complexed minerals are absorbed more readily than inorganic trace minerals. Complexes are formed when trace minerals such as zinc, manganese and copper become bonded to a single amino acid. These amino acids serve to transport the minerals across the intestinal wall resulting in optimum absorption. Trace mineral uptake is vital to improve and maintain adequate trace mineral status.
Negative DCAD Formulated
Dairy DryLic® SPL is formulated with a negative DCAD (dietary cation-anion difference). DCAD in the dry cow diet is known to help mobilize bone calcium and increase serum calcium. This is a fairly new approach to reducing the incidence of milk fever.
Provide free choice as a supplement to non-lactating dairy cattle at the rate of one block for each 10 to 15 head. Place in lot or pasture near areas frequented by livestock, such as watering locations, shade or loafing areas. Cattle normally consume approximately 10 ounces per head daily. Consumption may vary depending on climate, grazing conditions, condition of livestock and/or availability of other feeds. In situations where climate and/or other factors result in consumption of less than 10 ounces per head daily, intake of supplement can be increased by providing additional blocks per pasture or lot. Provide access to fresh water at all times.
Limit salt intake to no more than 1 ounce per head daily.
Include SmartLic® NE-30 in your Replacement Heifer program. SmartLic® NE-30 is Nutritionally Engineered® supplement that provides essential nutrients to support growth, reproductive performance and forage utilization.
|Crude Protein, minimum||14.0%*||Cobalt, minimum||6 ppm|
|Crude Fat, minimum||4.0%||Copper, minimum||600 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Iodine, minimum||30 ppm|
|ADF, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||2,400 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||1.8%||Selenium, minimum||10.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||2.2%||Zinc, minimum||2,400 ppm|
|Salt||(None Added)||Vitamin A, minimum||135,000 IU/lb|
|Phosphorus, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin D, minimum||27,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.5%||Vitamin E, minimum||1,400 IU/lb|
*Including not more than 7% equivalent crude protein as non-protein nitrogen